GENERAL TRAVEL REQUIREMENT – (effected from 9th Sept 2022)
- One can now apply for the Kenyan Visa online at least 07 days prior your arrival date. Please log on to https://accounts.ecitizen.go.ke/register/visitor.
- We wish to inform you 100% e-visa will be effective as of 01st January 2021. Visas will not be issued upon arrival, from this date. Children below the age of 16 years do not require a visa.
- A valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity and at least two blank pages is mandatory.
All travellers entering Kenya’s international Airport will from immediate effect no longer require proof of COVID-19 vaccination certificates nor need to provide any pre-departure Covid-19 tests. Updated: 09th May 2023.
All passengers exhibiting flu-like symptoms upon arrival will still need to fill out the passenger locator form on the ‘Jitenge’ platform https://ears.health.go.ke/airline_registration/ and undergo a COVID-19 antigen test at their own expense. Those with severe symptoms will be required to take isolation protocols that have been put in place.
- Passengers traveling out of the country, will be required to abide by the particular travel, health and COVID-19-related requirements of the transit and destination country.
- Pre-departure RDT or PCR testing may be considered at the discretion of any of the airlines departing from or terminating in Kenya.
For Covid 19 Travel requirements to Kenya click here.
At Mara Bush Camp, we have taken all measures and are also following UNWTO Global Guidelines, to ensure that our guests are safe from the Corona Virus, whilst staying with us.
- All surface areas cleaned and sanitized in the kitchen, public area and guest tents with the mandatory disinfections.
- Food products will be thoroughly washed and cleansed before cooking.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be set-up throughout the public areas and in the guest tents.
- Our staff are trained on COVID-19 operational procedures.
- Mara Bush Camp is compliant with COVID testing requirements for all staff members.
- Camp staff will be wearing masks throughout.
- Camp staff and guests to complying to social distancing.
- We will offer a plating service to avoid congestion around the buffet table.
- Tables and chairs in the dining areas will be set far apart. Most of the time, our meals are served outdoors weather permitting thereby less of a congestion.
- All our beddings and linen is fully disinfected during washing
- We recommend for you, the guest, to carry along your own masks, however, masks will also be available on sale at the camp.
- Only 06 people will be allowed in a vehicle (excluding the driver guide), however, we do recommend hiring a private vehicle.
- Upon welcoming you, your temperature will be taken using a temperature gun as required.
- We will provide paper serviettes instead of cloth napkins to further avoid contacts (recycled serviettes to be environmentally conscious).
Mara Bush Camp and Private Wing guests don’t need to cut their safari short. We now provide a PCR Testing facility at the camp, through our in-house nurse! Results / Covid certificate will be available within 24 hours after getting tested, via e-mail.
In an effort to ensure a hassle free experience at our properties, we are pleased to confirm that we can now offer on-site COVID-19 testing. The tests are taken by our in-house nurse and results received within 24hrs. The cost per person per test is USD 160.00.